... When adding someone to your Watch, there is a number of options you can check or uncheck in the Watch panel. Among these, there is one saying "Mark as Friend".
- If we've never crossed paths before you Watched me,
- if we haven't been exchanging for a looooong time about completely different topics than what is displayed in my gallery,
- if we haven't shared pics/vids/news, just because one thought it would make the other smile,
- if we haven't supported and comforted each other in times of distress,
- and various other things,
Then it's very simple: we are not friends.
And no, I don't think DA considers "Friends" the same way as Facebook. Because if they did, they wouldn't offer two distinct "Friends" and "Watchers" panels for display on one's page.
So, please do not mark me as "Friend" when Watching me. I am pretty much aware most of you might just not notice the "Mark as Friend" option is checked as a default setting when Watching someone, so, please notice it and... uncheck it.
Because it feels... strange... to be listed as a friend to someone on their frontpage, when I didn't even know their username the minute before I found their Watch notice in my Inbox. "Friend" goes beyond "I like your art". At least to me.
Thanks for your attention.